Santuário da Peninha
The present chapel dates from the eighteenth century, the period in which a hermit sought refuge here. Several years later work was carried out on the site of a former chapel, where according to local legend, the Virgin Mary had appeared in the sixteenth century. The pulpit includes various inscriptions made by pilgrims.
The high altar has a Barroque decorated panel with spiral columns and the walls covered in a Florentine mosaic. The Chapel, dating from the end of the seventeenth century is panelled with illustrated blue and white eighteenth-century azulejo tiles.
A small castle-shaped palace in the Romantic revivalist style, built in 1918, is located next to the chapel.