Parque Eduardo VII
The Eduardo VII Park lies in the Parish of São Sebastião da Pedreira, north from Avenida da Liberdade, and offers panoramic views over the city. Originally known as Parque da Liberdade, the gardens were rechristened with the name of the British King Edward VII on his visit to Lisbon in 1903.
Since their earliest times the gardens have been a stage for fairs, exhibitions and various types of entertainment. Their design, with a central swathe of lawn flanked by Portuguese cobbles pavements, was by Keil do Amaral, and form one of the landmarks in the development of Lisbon.
Here we can find a Sports Pavilion built in 1932 in the João V style, renamed the Carlos Lopes pavilion as a tribute to the famous Portuguese athlete, a Greenhouse with an enormous variety of plants from all over the world, lakes, and various statues including a bust of King Edward VII and a monument to the 25th April Revolution by João Cutileiro.
There is also a children´s playground, a viewpoint, a bandstand, a picnic area, the Club VII sports complex with tennis courts, gymnasium and swimming pool, and a restaurant.