Igreja Paroquial de S. Pedro

The Parish Church of São Pedro was built around 1750.

With a baroque exterior, the single nave interior has an octagonal lay out. Key features include the altarpiece with a gilded woodwork altarpiece, the 15th century statue of Nossa Senhora das Dores, considered to be one of the finest baroque sculptures in the Azores and a 16th century statue of the Virgin, of Flemish origin.
 


Social Networks

Share:

Location