Igreja de S. Martinho

The original Romanesque construction, probably dating from the second half of the 12th Century, was substituted in the reign of Dom Dinis (13th century) by a Gothic church, as is confirmed by the stone placque of Margarida Fernandes (1334).

It underwent small restorations during the Renaissance and Mannerist periods. It was seriously damaged by the 1755 earth-quake, being rebuilt, keeping its 18th Century features.


Social Networks

Share:

Location