Igreja de Santa Cruz do Castelo
The Parish Church of Covilhã was built in the 19th century on the site of the former 16th century Chapel of Santa Maria do Castelo. The tiling that completely covers the façade with scenes from the life of the Virgin Mary was laid in 1940.
There are a few precious images to be seen in the interior, particularly those of São Francisco de Sales and Santa Teresa de Jesus, as well as the Relic of the Holy Cross donated to the Chapel of Santa Cruz by Dom Luís.
The churchyard of the Church of Santa Maria was where Judges and "Good Men", the wealthiest and most respected people in the Council, arbitrated over local disputes and quarrels.